When a vehicle is cleaned thoroughly from top to bottom by using special products and tools then it is known as detailing of the vehicle. During the process of car detailing the service provider also makes some light touch-ups to improve its cosmetic looks but it does not include repair and painting of its body.
What is included in car detailing?
Car detailing includes cleaning the exterior and interior of the car and reconditioning them. The main purpose of detailing is to removing the swirl marks and scratches from its body to restore its paintwork and make it look like a brand new car.
Though the dirt from the exterior of the car can also be removed by washing it and its interior can be cleaned by vacuuming it but the process of car detailing includes polishing and buffing its surfaces to remove almost all the imperfections to give of showroom like looks. Various types of services can be included in car detailing as there are no hard and fast rules in this regard.
Steps in car detailing
The process of car detailing can be completed mainly in two phases: detailing the exterior and detailing the interior. Brief information about both the phases is provided here under so that you can know what you can expect from your service provider while detailing your car.
Detailing of car’s exterior
- The process of exterior car detailing starts with removing mud and dirt from the exterior by washing it by using soap.
- Then special products and brushes are used to clean filth and dirt from the wheels, lug nuts and brake calipers, etc. of the car
- Then the paintwork of the car is washed from top to bottom by using a soft towel of microfiber and washing mitts. Then a clay bar is used to remove stubborn dirt from the surface of your car.
- The oxidation, swirl marks, and light scratches are then removed by polishing its paintwork by a polishing machine or hands.
- Then its paint is waxed by using high-quality automotive wax to give a more protective layer to its paintwork.
- Then the rubber parts and windows on the exterior of your car are methodically cleaned and polished to give it a sparkling look.
Detailing of car’s interior
- To remove dirt and stains from the interior of the car its entire upholstery is vacuumed and shampooed.
- It can be removed by scrubbing and reconditioning it if it is made of leather.
- Its vinyl and plastic parts are also cleaned properly.
- The interior of the glass is polished after cleaning it.
Optional steps of car detailing
During the process of car detailing some optional but important steps are also included like clean the bay of the engine. It will also improve the looks of your car under its hood. But most of the mechanics try to avoid it. It can be easier to find problems in the engine fast if the engine bay is cleaned properly. Most of the car owners ask the service provider to clean the engine bay when they have to put it on sale as it can increase the value of their car.
Thus, car detailing can not only improve the looks of your car but its value also.
Chase Detailing Also Offers Following Services :
Chase Detailing Address: 3730 W Rock Creek RD, Norman, OK Phone: (405) 458-4444